Welcome to St. Lukes, a 130-year-old start-up in the heart of Ballard! We draw on ancient Christian practices of worship, prayer and service in a rapidly changing world. Most of our 100 members have become part of the community in the past 5 years. Despite the limitations imposed by COVID-19, we continue to live out our vision, “to form Beloved Community, which is welcoming and diverse, with Christian worship and service at the heart.”
We are open for worship Sunday mornings at 10am. Because of current COVID protocols and space restrictions, please sign up online to attend in-person worship.
For ways to stay connected or to get involved you can view our list of links below or read our latest newsletter.
We will keep this page updated as circumstances change.
- Bulletin for Sunday, June 13, 2021
- Live-stream Sunday morning worship or view archived services
- Read instructions for viewing Facebook videos
- View recent newsletters (Scroll to the bottom of this page to subscribe to our newsletters)
- Follow St. Luke’s or Edible Hope on Facebook
- Listen to or read a past sermon
- Submit a request for prayers or pastoral care
- Make a donation
- Contact us. You may also call us at 206.784.3119. Office hours are Tuesday and Thursday, 9am to 2pm.
Worship and Prayer
Sundays at 10am in person or via Facebook live stream
Sunday Compline (Night Prayer) at 7pm via Facebook live stream
The Edible Hope Kitchen is a free meals program that has served the Ballard neighborhood for over three decades. We are currently serving to-go meals for maximum COVID-19 safety, Monday-Friday from 10am-noon. Volunteers and donations of needed supplies are welcome Monday-Friday, 8am-1pm. Sign up for a quick online volunteer training and then find available volunteer slots on our Signup Genius page or contact email@example.com. Follow Edible Hope on Facebook and Instagram for updates. Financial donations can be made through St. Luke’s, with a note designating it for Edible Hope.
The Bridge Care Center is open Tuesdays 10am-noon for clothing/outdoor gear and Thursdays 10am-noon for case management. Donations of clothing and outdoor gear are happily accepted during both times.
How You Can Help
- Pray for your neighbors and check in with them by phone.
- If you are able, please maintain your financial support for the church, Edible Hope and others, please do so online, by regular bank withdrawal (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up) or by mailing a check to 5710 22nd Ave. NW, Seattle 98107. Thank you!
- Consider donating items from the Edible Hope wish list.
We are a gathering place for rich and poor, housed and unhoused, young and old, those familiar with Episcopal tradition and those with no church background at all. We are fully inclusive of women and the LGBTQIA community in our membership and leadership.
Here you will find food for your soul and here you will drink the cup of new life.
While Sunday worship is at the center of our identity, there are so many ways to be part of this community. We are gardeners, volunteers who feed the hungry daily, students, partners in caring for our neighbors and so much more. There is a place for you at the table.
We seek to form Beloved Community, which is welcoming and diverse, with Christian worship and service at the heart.
We feed people in body, mind and spirit with the love of God, in the name of Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Beloved Community + Loving Service + Sacred Space + Spirit Filled + Sustainability