We need your testimony!!!!
St. Luke’s Redevelopment Plan Hearing with the City of Seattle
Monday, May 8, 5-6:30pm online
We have reached a critical phase in the design process of redevelopment, and the public is invited to testify. That includes you!
In our first phase, the positive responses were so great that we passed in one meeting! We’d love to repeat that. You will find the final schematic design materials on our Property Development page for reviewing as soon as we can make it available.
Important talking points:
- The design echoes Ballard’s past while moving toward its future.
- The red exterior wall of St. Luke’s Chapel space makes the building sing.
- The brick on the church is a nod to the brick buildings of historic Ballard with a modern update.
- The clean lines and colors on the apartment building speak to Ballard’s Scandinavian roots
- The St. Luke’s courtyard is a large outdoor space that welcomes people from the street and can be secured when the church is closed.
- The building as a whole isn’t just another box dropped on the street and will bring more foot traffic, increasing neighborhood liveliness and safety.
Your participation in this public hearing makes all the difference. You must register in advance to participate in the Design Review Recommendations Meeting at //bit.ly/mtg3038466. There are instructions there on how to sign up to testify on the day of the meeting.
See you then!
P.S. It may be a few days until the final schematic design is posted, but please save the date and register now. Thanks!